I’m excited to announce that I’m refocusing on improving the Linux (and GNOME in particular) experience and to that end we’re changing a few little things like our domain name. After a lot of thought and crossed-out (taken) ideas, I’ve settled on tuxrocket.com, which has a lot of meaningful cues.
- Tux could be short for tuxedo, as in dressing up
- Tux is the name of the official Linux penguin mascot
- Boosting Linux is the goal
- There’s UX in Tux- User Experience
- How can I say no to a rocket in the name?
There’s nothing wrong with the tuxrocket.com name, but it’s too far from where I want to drive this. I set out to show how easy it is, but in truth, many things about Linux can be tricky. I suspect that part of it is real and the other part is my incessant messing with the operating system, but anyway…
My hope is that I can play a small part in helping to grow and polish Linux apps so that as my children grow up it will be ready for them and for your children too.